|Thursday 30th May||
50th Anniversary Meeting 6.30pm in the Italian Room
|Friday 31st May||
School Fees are due
Awards Assembly at 2.20pm in the Hall
|Friday 7th June||
Student Information Checklist due back please
- 50th Anniversary Committee meeting is on today at 6.30pm in the Italian Room.
- School Fees are due Friday 31 May 2019.
- We would like to remind you that enrolments for Kindergarten 2020 are closing this Friday 31st May. All enrolment forms and information are available from our website.
- The Student Information Checklist has been sent home please return to school by 7th June 2019.
A reminder that the 50th Anniversary Committee Meeting will be held on the 30th May at 6:30pm in the Italian Room. We invite new members to come and join. Please come along with any ideas or suggestions to help celebrate this milestone. Alternatively, you can also email Sacredheart50anniversay@hotmail.com
- Are your SZapp app settings correct on your mobile phone?
Please ensure the setting notifications is turned on your phone, this will ensure all messages from the school are received in real time under the managed tab.
Dear Parents and Carers,
This week as we enter into the cold of winter I just wanted to share a prayer from a book I am currently reading called ‘Wil of God’ (please note Wil is not a spelling error in the title) by Carrie Wilson Link.
Lord, open my eyes to see beauty,
Open my ears to hear truth,
Open my mind to seek wisdom,
Open my mouth to seek kindness
And open my heart to love.
Sacrament of First Reconciliation
Last Thursday evening a number of children in our school and parish received the Sacrament of Reconciliation. We offer them our congratulations and blessings at this time.
We extend our thanks to the Parish team and the staff on Stage 2 for their time and commitment in helping parents to prepare their children.
We once again express our gratitude to Fr Richard who is a wonderful spiritual leader and guide.
Enrolment period for Kindergarten 2020 is finishing Friday 31st May. Enrolment forms and information are available from our school website.
Hats Off for June and July
Winter is upon us and hats are put away for the months of June and July (unless we are going to be out in the sun for extended periods of time). There are school beanies available through the clothing pool should your child need a little extra warmth.
Just a reminder that the transition period for changing into Winter Uniforms has now passed. Could you please support the school by encouraging your child to come dressed in the correct uniform each day.
We have attached the Winter Uniform Guide as it appears in our School Handbook for your information.
Just a reminder for all drivers of some important rules if you are using this option to drop your children in the mornings:
- Children must exit the vehicle from the left hand side only.
- This drop-off area at the back of the hall (marked by the large yellow cross and no parking) is appropriate for the children who can exit the vehicle independently. Please do not leave your vehicle to assist your child to leave the car. If your child has not yet reached this stage, please park your car in the normal bays and escort them to the safe area between the hall and school.
- Please drive to the front of the zone as far as traffic permits. This will allow for more vehicles to use the zone and in so doing will help to prevent a backlog occurring.
Thank you to Mrs Wode for coordinating and organising the event for Sacred Heart. As many parents are aware there were extra challenges associated with this year’s administration. We extend our thanks to the staff involved in this process for their calm and professional management of the changes and associated challenges.
Bullying. No Way!
Some of our more senior classes will be given wallet size cards today with strategies and helpline numbers for dealing with bullying. These are from bullyingnoway.gov.au and have been handed out as part of our ongoing awareness raising and fostering of right relationships. One card has content aimed at children and other has tips more for parents and carers.
These strategies fit well with our Rock and Water framework for the older students.
Be You Surveys
Our pre-testing of the surveys did not extend to answering them on iPhones or iPads. Our apologies to those families who attempted to complete the survey on this platform. It does work well on a PC! The Be You Action Team have contacted HeadSpace to let them know of our technical difficulties. Meanwhile the surveys remain active for you to open them on a PC. There have been some really positive and constructive feedback coming through from the data already and we welcome the input of all.
Parenting Ideas Insight Articles
Three interesting articles attached:
- Managing your child’s anxiety
- Helping children make and keep friends
- Encouraging healthy attitudes towards women
Parenting Ideas Upcoming Webinar - Managing your child’s anxiety
Tuesday 25 June 2019 8:00pm AEST. This webinar is free for staff and families with the voucher code as part of our school subscription. See how to redeem the voucher below. Webinars can be viewed afterwards if you are unable to attend at the nominated time.
Anxiety is one the biggest problems facing children and young people today, impacting on their learning, happiness and their wellbeing. Research shows that when anxiety goes unmanaged in childhood it will reoccur in adulthood. Fortunately, there’s a lot parents can do to assist kids when they become anxious.
Join Michael Grose in this webinar where he will help parents better understand the nature of anxiety, equip them to recognise it in children, and provide practical tools to help children and young people manage and minimise their anxious states.
How to redeem the voucher
- Click this link: https://www.parentingideas.com.au/parent-resources/parent-webinars/webinar-managing-your-childs-anxiety
- Click ‘Add to cart’
- Click ‘View cart’
- Enter the voucher code ANXIETY and click ‘Apply Coupon’. Your discount of $37 will be applied to the order. This voucher is valid until 25 July 2019.
- Click ‘Proceed to checkout’
- Fill in your account details. These are the details you will use to login to your account and access your parenting material
- Click ‘Place Order’
Woden Parish, Pearce - Year 6 and above, Confirmation for 2019
Enrolments Now Open and filling fast!
Essential Program dates are on our website - Enrol NOW at http://www.mhoc.org.au/sacraments/confirmation/
Confirmation Mass availability is filling fast as enrolments are taken on a first come basis, so please enrol well before the Parent Information Night on Tuesday 29th May 2019. Any questions regarding the Sacrament, please contact the Parish Office on 6286 1908 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Kindergarten||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3|
|Noah D||Christian O||Milla K||Jack P|
|Lucy M||Lydia A||Lottie G||Veer A|
|Quade C||Amelia V||Tiana J||Quintin C|
|Xavier L||Isara W||Finn K||Cameron Mc|
|Domenique S||Spoorthi S||Olivier S|
|Roland S||Grace Mc||Caillie W|
|Daniel M||Mirella M||Ruby B|
|Joseph I||Jim C||Mia W|
|Hamish H||Olivia B||Eleanor L|
|Aathirai M||Sean E||Emma F|
Congratulations to the following students celebrating their birthday in May
Karen L, Josephine K, Phoebe O, Levi T, Blake H, Joel S, Ava S, Logan W, Thomas K, Miranda C, Armani S, Finn K, Palak B, Lucy M, Eleanor L, Tom B, Angelo V, Grace M, Gilda R.
Families and Students of Year 6 wishing to apply for the Year 7-12 Boorer Foundation Scholarships are asked to complete and submit the two-page application-form by the closing date of Friday, 31 May 2019.
Application Form can be found: http://www.radford.act.edu.au/storage/the-boorer-foundation-scholarship-application-form-18-feb.pdf
This amazing opportunity will be awarded to a student commencing Year 7 in 2020. The scholarship will cover 100% of the Tuition and Capital Levy fees and up to 100% of compulsory College-related costs for six years (Years 7 through 12 inclusive).
Winter Junior Tennis Coaching @ South & North Canberra Tennis Clubs
- Qualified Tennis Australia Coaches
- Free tennis racquet for new players
- Trial lesson available
July School Holiday Camps @ Old Parliament House Tennis Club
- July 8th - 10th (Week 1) & July 17th - 19th (Week 2)
- All ages & abilities
- Morning, half-day & full-day options