|Friday 6th September||
9.30am -10.30am Parish Mass, Stage 3.
2.20pm Assembly hosted by KW.
|Sunday 8th September||
Mums Trivia Night at A Bite to Eat, Chifley from 6pm.
|Monday 9th September||
Wear your Pyjamas to school day.
|Tuesday 10th September||
|Wednesday 11th September||
12th - 13th September
Stage 2 at Camp Birrigai.
Sunday 15th September
TOM ACT Final.
Monday 16th September
Smart Start Program.
My Body, My Life Educational Evening,
Stage 3, 6.00pm-7.30pm.
Tuesday 17th September
ICAS English 9.30am - 10.30am.
Wednesday 18th September
Smart Start Program.
Fete Packing Working Bee 3.30pm - 7.30pm.
Thursday 19th September
Friday 20th September
Tennis ACT Hot Shots Sth Weston Region Gala Day at Canberra Grammar School Arrive 9.00am.
Stage 1 Parish Mass, 9.30am-10.30am.
Fete Set Up, 3.30pm-5.30pm.
Saturday 21st September
The Big Spring Fete - 11.00am - 3.00pm.
Fete Set Up, from 7.00am - 11.00am.
We need your help! Please sign up to help here Volunteer Fete Roster
What are the prize draws I need to be in?
- Raffle – tickets on sale now. Each family has them to sell! More sold on fete day.
- Pick-a-prize – on fete day.
- Wine cage – on fete day.
- Lucky dips to buy.
- Tombola pots to buy.
- Paper plane competition to enter.
- Guess the number of lego – on sale now in the front office 50c.
- Guess the number of lollies – on sale now in the front office 50c.
What rides and activities are at the fete?
- Bubble Soccer, Nerf War, Bungee Run, Soccer Darts, Giant inflatable slide.
- Jumping castle (Year 2 and younger children only).
- Sideshow Alley that will challenge your skills! (Run by our Year 5/6 Students).
- Petting Zoo.
- Decorate cupcakes.
What can I pre-purchase on Qkr?
- Unlimited ride bands $25
- Junior ride bands $5
- Lego Competition entry $5
- Your child’s writing in a published story book $20
- Fete flowers $6
QKR purchases open Thursday 5th September and close on Tuesday 17th September at 10pm. There will be no late orders accepted, but some items can be purchased on the day at full price.
What can I donate?
Your time! Volunteer now (we really need you to sign up) Volunteer Fete Roster
White elephant and book stall items
- School drop off Friday 13th September and Friday 20th September between 8.30am and 3.30pm in the Maker Space area (located near the canteen).
- Items need to be in clean working order. We are accepting household items, great quality clothing, toys, games and sporting equipment.
- We CANNOT accept large items, electrical items, mattresses or baby furniture.
- We are after donations of any unwanted scarves. Please drop them in to the office anytime.
- Items for the craft stall can be dropped off to the front office by the morning of Friday 20th September.
- Baked items can be dropped off at the front office on Friday 20th September between 3pm and 4pm or Saturday 21st September from 9am at the cake stall.
- Plants can be dropped off to the front office by the morning of Friday 20th September.
- Tombola Pots need to be sent into school by Monday 9th September. Remember to wear PJs to school this day!
What else will be there?
- Lunch food stalls – BBQ, Indian and Mexican.
- Fun food stalls – Devonshire scones, fairy floss, That Gelato Place, a coffee van, lollies and our famous cake stall.
- Show bags, face painting, glitter tattoos, henna tattoos.
- Emergency Services – Kenny Koala, Fire, Ambulance.
- Navy Engagement Australia.
- Singing from our school choir and a surprise new duo.
- Stalls and more stalls - Essential oils, Brooks Creek Hampers, Wooden toys, ceramic craft, Crystals, Willow and Piper handmade items.
2019 SACRED HEART PRIMARY SCHOOL RAFFLE
1st PRIZE: “Choose Your Own Adventure” Travel Voucher at Southlands Travel & Cruise to the value of $4000.00
(*valid for 12 months from date of raffle draw / non-transferable / non-redeemable for cash.)
2nd PRIZE: Champagne Hot Air Balloon Flight for 2 people donated by MSP Photography: value $760.00
3rd PRIZE: Two x Kids PEDAL Brand Bikes (1 x 16” & 1 x 20”) from 99 Bikes in Phillip: value $550.00
Raffle to be drawn at 2pm on Saturday 21st September 2019 at the Sacred Heart Fete.
TICKET PRICES: $4.00 per ticket or 3 for $10.00
Aquin won Monday nights final after many weeks of preparation and elimination finals.
Aquin had two weeks to write her grand final speech, learn it off by heart, and present in front of a large audience. The topic of her speech was ‘To climb or not to climb’. She spoke with poise and composure.
Aquin received the Warren Hine memorial trophy as the winner and Sacred Heart were presented with the Ken Fry perpetual trophy, this will be on display in our trophy cabinet for the next 12 months. It has been exactly 20 years since Sacred Heart last won the ACT Rostrum public speaking competition.
We are so proud of the effort that Aquin has put into preparing for this competition. She has done her family and the Sacred Heart Community proud.
When 1W returned to school the next morning they all found that their Forky had moved on their desks. Some were upside down, some were on top of the chairs and one was even on top of a drink bottle! Forky certainly got up to mischief! The stories have been fabulous. We plan on publishing these and displaying them in our corridor. Come have a read!
Congratulations to Christina
Congratulations to Christina (5/6 White) whose artwork entitled ‘Land of the Living’ was selected as one of the finalists in the Threatened Species Children’s Art Competition. It will form part of the display of children’s artworks in the Australian National Botanic Gardens in Canberra from September 8 for two weeks, and will be seen by many visitors to the Garden in its busy spring season.
Woolworths Cricket Blast School Cup Year 5/6
On Tuesday 3rd September and Thursday 5th September Year 5/6 teams from Sacred Heart participated in the Woolworths Cricket Blast School Cup at Deakin. The students represented the school well and demonstrated sound cricket skills and fair play. Congratulations to all team members and thank you to Kim Sannazzaro.
On Sunday the 1st of September 2019, 7 students from Years 5 and 6 competed in Tournament of the Minds. Piper G, Maya S, Killian M, Keira G, Misha N, Belle R & Savannah M. The team put in an outstanding performance in both their long term presentation and spontaneous challenge. It was a wonderful day watching the team. While, the team unfortunately have not progressed through to the next stage of the competition, they did their very best against such fierce competition. The students should be very proud to have represented Sacred Heart, as Sacred Heart are very proud of them.
Congratulations to the following students celebrating their birthday in September
Noah T, Emily Mc, Lilija S, Olive P D, Lucas V, Elysia G, Mitchell D, Jennifer T, Taya L, Christina H, Howell L, Quintin C, Cameron Mc, Tiana J, Aneka T, Stella R, Joe R, Sophie S, Josephine A, Daksh M, Catherine RB, Liam C, Louise Q, Halle R.
Lucas V, Isabella B, Alby W, Finely C, Josephine K.
Thomas K, Keshav S, Matlida K, Ameya R.
Samantha V H, Jeanina C, Christopher T, Alma M, Lily C, Liam C, Arabella G, Oscar B, Kayla G.
Nadia M, Jack P, Olivier S,Annabel S, Aquin R, Emma F, Emily Mc, Maisie M, Parise T, Ruby B.