Zoom Parent/Teacher Meetings
|Monday 29th June - Thursday 2nd July|
Friday 3rd July
|Last day of Term Two|
Thursday 23rd July
Friday 24th July
|Confirmation Enrolments Open|
Semester 1 Reports and Interviews
Reports will be sent home with children tomorrow, Friday 26th June. Please check their bag for the envelope. Due to COVID-19 the reports have been modified this year. In the envelope you will find:
- Modified Semester 1 report
- Student self-reflection on learning
- A letter to explaining the modifications
At Sacred Heart a parent/teacher interview is a vital component of the reporting process at the end of Semester 1. Thanks to the parents who have already arranged a meeting with their child's teacher. Please follow the instructions below to book in if you have yet to arrange a time.
Booking for Parent Teacher ZOOM meetings – Booking now
Due to COVID-19 restrictions we are offering parent-teacher conferences via ZOOM only, in order to best manage the number of adults in the school building during Week 10, Monday 29 June to Thursday 2 July.
If parents and carers have had a significant meeting with their child’s teacher before 29 June, you may have come to a mutual decision that no further meeting is required at this time. If the teacher feels that a face-to-face chat is required, they are currently contacting parents to lock in a meeting time that suits both parties.
Due to the online format, some teachers are opening appointment slots on the Tuesday or Wednesday during the day, when they have release time.
To make a booking for a ZOOM Parent-teacher meeting:
- Visit schoolinterviews.com.au
- Select ‘MAKE A BOOKING’ from the top menu.
- The code you need is tc3ck (it is case sensitive).
- Follow the instructions to select your child’s teacher and reserve yourself a time. Enter your best contact phone number so if there are technical issues the teacher can call you.
- Repeat for each teacher.
- You will receive an email with your booking information. It will confirm your date and time. It will contain a link to enter the ZOOM session the teacher has created. Please save this important email and enter the time in your calendar. Reminders will not be sent.
- The email can be forwarded to a second parent, so both parents can join the ZOOM meeting.
- On interview day, please prepare to enter the ZOOM meeting well before your appointment time to sort out technical issues. We will have the school phone manned to help troubleshoot.
- Click on the link, or cut and paste the link, into the ZOOM window to enter the meeting. Teachers have set it up that you will be placed in the ‘waiting room’ until your appointment time.
We thank you for your flexibility with this change to procedure. Please be considerate of yourself and your teacher with this new meeting procedure. If the outcome is not working, please reschedule or arrange a meeting face-to-face.
We were advised late yesterday of the easing of some restrictions for ACT schooling as we move into Stage 2.2. The necessity for daily cleaning of student desks and high frequency touch points remains, and as such will continue to limit some of the movement between rooms and shared spaces for teachers and students. Many of our current adjustments will remain in place at least until the end of Term 2.
Term 3 will hopefully herald the easing into Stage 3. We will advise our community of the expected changes of that next week.
For parents and carers the points to note currently are:
- Students who are ill, MUST NOT come to school. Handwashing and sanitising must continue. We will call parents to pick up any child who displays symptoms of illness during the day. Please follow all ACT health advice about attendance.
- Schools should limit the number of adult visitors/volunteers on school sites. Our extra drive-through still operates. Please social distance if you need to be on or near the grounds. Very few volunteers allowed. All entry is via front office.
- Parents should avoid routinely entering the school building where possible but can attend scheduled school events and meetings with teachers. Physical distancing and hygiene measures still apply. Entry to the Sacred Heart building will be via appointment only for all visitors.
- Records should be kept of visitors attending the school including any volunteer coaches. Parents with appointments need to sign in.
iPhones using iOS Versions above 13.3 are experiencing intermittent push notification issues to the lockscreen. Push notifications are being succesfully sent and accepted by the device but are not shown on the lockscreen.
Messages are still delivered and accessible within SZapp. Messages are indicated by the 'Badge' shown on SZapp's icon. Additionally, push notifications may also be visible in the 'Notification Centre' on your device.
Schoolzine is working towards the release of our next app update, this is currently scheduled for Mid-July 2020. This verison will address iOS Notifications as well as provide an improved user experience.
Users with automatic updates enabled on their device will have this update installed automatically upon release.
- School Photos are on the 23rd July (Week One Term Three). Full school uniform is to be worn including maroon jumper.
- Canteen Recess Reminder: Counter sales for the canteen are unavailable at the moment. You can order recess from Qkr-Canteen-snacks and your child's order will be delivered to their classroom.
Canteen/Clothing Pool product update:
- Spray/wind jacket (navy) $25
- Gloves (navy) $5
- Healthy snack: carrot/cucumber strips with hommus
Sacrament of Confirmation at South Woden Parish
(Year 6 students and above)
Mary Help of Christians, South Woden Parish in Pearce would like to notify all students who live within our Parish boundaries, of the dates for our Confirmation Sacramental Programme for 2020.
The dates are as follows:
12 August Parent Formation Night
15/16 August Presentation Masses
19 August Session 1
26 August Session 2
2 September Session 3
9 September Session 4
11 September Retreat Day
12/13 September Confirmation Masses with restricted numbers at this stage. There may be more than three Masses celebrated that weekend, but that will be confirmed in due course.
Enrolments will open Friday 24th July online at our website www.mhoc.org.au or on the Qkr! App.
At this stage, each of the sessions will be held via Zoom, but we will clarify the programme closer to the time. If Zoom is not a possibility for your child, we will make arrangements to conduct the sessions for you in the church while the sessions are Zoomed. Watch this space!
If you have any questions, please contact our Parish Office 9am-3pm Wed-Fri on 02 6286 1908 or email@example.com
- Holiday Happenings:
The Holiday Happenings Winter Edition is now available online.
To see the Programs, Activities & Events happening these holidays go to:
Sacred Heart Feast Day
Today in Stage 3 we joined the Daniel Morecome nationwide online child safety lesson. They spoke about how to be safe online; what our body does when we feel unsafe; and who they can tell when they feel like something is not safe or right online. We encourage families to continue to have this conversation with your children at home. It is such an important issue.
Congratulations to the following students celebrating their Birthday
Paige P, Sarah W, Savannah M, Ellison H.
This week's assembly will be run by our school leaders over the PA to the children in their classrooms.
Awards will be presented at this time.
Isabel U, Aleeia V, Tatenda K, Samuel Y, Ryan M, Grace O.
|Louis M, Airlie R, Stella R, Isabella B, Hugh M, Ella B, Taffy K, Bobby C, Amy L, Keshav S.|
|Hamish H, Leila W, Georgia M, Ruhan K, Isabella M, Caitlin L, Scarlett M, Natasha L, Harrison H, Halle R.|
Arabella G, Cameron M, Maisie M, Lilly C, Grace M, Mia Y, Samantha L, Savannah M, Ruby B.