Dear Parents and Carers,
We send a message of gratitude to everyone in the SHPS community as we complete our second week of lockdown. We appreciate that working from home and supporting children in their learning can be difficult.
We are currently working with a skeleton staff on site but please do not hesitate to contact us by phone or through email if you have any questions.
Staff are enjoying their connection with their students and look forward to seeing them online. We are really missing you all.
Reminders about Online Times
We do welcome and encourage you to sit with your child while they are online but you need to remember that when your child is online, everyone online with your child can see and hear most of what is going on in the background.
The online learning time for children to be in touch with their teacher is limited so if you have any questions for the teacher please send them an email.
This week we traditionally celebrate SABBATH at SHPS. I just wanted to reflect a little on the meaning and purpose of putting aside a time each term to have the opportunity to experience SABBATH in our very busy lives.
Jesus invites us to live life to the fullest. This call requires a willingness to slow down in order to savour every moment that life gives us.
What can you this week to allow yourself to be intentionally restful or to stop for a short time to do something that brings you joy or peace?
Here are a few suggestions that you could easily do not only this week but set aside a SABBATH moment each day especially during this COVID pandemic.
- Take mini Sabbaths of logging out of social media sites to mute the dozens of notifications that distract you each day
- Taking 30 minutes for a brisk walk
- Rewarding yourself with an energetic conversation with a friend or a fiction audiobook.
What can you let go of, in order to experience the Sabbath in your life?
Take Care and Keep Safe
Virtual Character Parade
Prayer and Reflection Resources
These prayer and reflection resources are for all families to find comfort, connection to faith and reassurance in these unsettling times. We encourage our school community to set aside time for personal and family prayer.
Live Stream Mass is available from St. Christopher’s Cathedral Monday-Saturday 12.15pm and Sunday 11am.
Join parishioners from around the Archdiocese as we come together to pray the Rosary.
Every Wednesday and Friday at 4pm during lockdown.
Simply click on the link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85022458332?pwd=MDZ4ODFhNjIvdnpFd21aVDQzWnAydz09
Or enter in the details listed below after opening the Zoom app:
Meeting ID: 850 2245 8332
Mary Help Of Christians Parish
Fr. Richard has his recent homilies available on the Mary Help Of Christians' web page. Please click on the link below to listen.
Library, Italian, Music and STEAM
Our specialist subject teachers have created a new google classroom for each class for students to access activities to keep students learning in Library, Italian, Music and STEAM. We ask parents to help your child join this new classroom.
- Open Google Classroom
- Select the + to ‘add or join class’ at the top right of screen
- Choose ‘Join class’
- Type in the class code found below
- See the work in the ‘stream’ or ‘classwork’ tabs
New activities will be posted to this classroom on a Monday. This week has tasks from Mrs Borgia for library and book week, and from Mrs Lustri for Italian. we have noticed many students have yet to join. Please pass the code to your child.
Google classroom codes:
Kinder - jcnay37
1 White - bcfa3de
1 Red - 3yba4xy
2 White - thjzogl
2 Red - m6kazmb
3 White - pk5u64a
3 Red - 53wpahb
4 Navy - eeivpl6
5/6 White - liutoph
5/6 Red - hhhrxka
5/6 Navy - dizetdm
COMPASS is coming soon. Login credentials and details of how to use COMPASS will be communicated to all families shortly. COMPASS will replace SZapp for most of our communication.
Students Not Returning in 2022
To help in preparing for classes for 2022, we kindly ask that if your child/children will not be returning in 2022, to please fill out and return the attached form as soon as possilble.
YMCA 2021 Spring Vacation Care
We are happy to announce that the YMCA will be running a school holiday program in September.
Triple Digit Dare
Level: Yr1 +
Equipment: Deck of cards Ace-9 with the Ace being One.
How to play:
- Each player is dealt 3 cards and makes the highest 3-digit number they can make without telling anyone else what they can make.
- Choose who goes first. Each player only gets one turn. During their turn has a choice:-
- Keep the cards they have.
- Swap a card in their hand for a card from the pile in the middle.
- Trade a card with another player without looking at what card they are choosing.
- When each player has had a turn, rearrange your cards if needed, then lay your cards down to show the greatest number you can make. The person with the biggest 3-digit number wins and takes all the cards.
- Continue to play until all cards have been played. The winner is the person with the most cards.
Variations: Make the lowest number; make 4-digit numbers
Tilly from 1R sharing with us the fun she is having spelling with play dough!!
Year 1 are looking at God’s beautiful creations. Olive in 1W has made a beautiful nature table.
Little Hearts Playgroup have be having story time online every Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
We have shared Who Sank the Boat by Pamela Allen and The Door Bell Rang by Pat Hutchins.